The children at Ilsington School, as in other Primary Schools, are taught in three Key Stages.
- The Foundation Stage (which also covers Pre-school) covers children aged 3 - 5 years. In our school, these are our Reception children, aged 4 and 5 years.
- Key Stage 1 covers Years 1 and 2. These are our 5 - 7 year olds.
- Key Stage 2 covers Years 3 - 6. These are our 7 - 11 year olds.
The classes for the academic year 2012/2013 are as follows:
- Foundation Stage/Year 1 taught by Martin French
- Year 2 and 3 taught by Laura Billington
- Year 4/5/6 taught by Tammy Docking and Philippa Young
The school is committed to differentiating work. This means that teachers match work according to the abilities in their class. For some of their school day, therefore, children will work in groups, the group structure depending on the learning task. At other times, the children will work in whole class or mixed ability groups.