1:1 Teaching Assistant Vacancy x 2
18.75 hrs per week
NJC Grade C, £9.55ph
Ilsington C of E Primary School, soon to be part of the Link Multi Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint two Teaching Assistants. One post is to start as soon as possible to work 18.75hrs per week Monday –Friday 8.45am – 12.30pm and another to start in Jan 2020 to work 18.75hrs per week, Monday – Wednesday all day. These are fixed term appointments linked to EHCP funding for specific support for pupils with special educational needs.
You will provide in class support including tailored interventions, and small group work under the direction of the teacher and SENDCo. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive and nurturing approach to children’s needs, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Have previous experience of, or willingness to learn Makaton;
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have excellent English and Maths skills;
- Have high expectations of children’s behaviour and be able to maintain consistent boundaries;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Have experience in a similar role in a school;
- Have prior knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs.
You should have English and Maths to GCSE A-C or equivalent.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please click on the link below to download an application form. Completed applications should be emailed to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you specify which post you are applying for
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01364 661208 to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: Monday 2nd December 2019 12noon
Interview date: Friday 6th December 2019